Paris Photo Los Angeles this year presents exhibitor content by 81 international galleries and bookseller participants. The fair is held at Paramount Pictures Studios from the 25th 27th of April , 2014. At the same time, many significant exhibitions will also be on view in and outside of the city.
Paris Photo Los Angeles 2014 programme includes:
– A tribute to the renowned actor/director and artist Dennis Hopper. A presentation of Hopper’s photographic work is displayed and a rare screening of his 1971 film, The Last Movie, winner of the Critics Prize at the Venice Film Festival, is presented in one private VIP as well as one public screening at the fair. Guests will view the final re-mastered version of the film completed by Hopper in 2007, marking its first public screening since Hopper’s death.
– Unedited!, a new public exhibition programme that unveils unedited or rarely seen photographic material, namely The LAPD Photo Archives.
– Sound and Vision – The Conversation, that brings together curators and contemporary artists discussing the practice of image-making (curated by Douglas Fogle). Participants currently include Walead Beshty, Simon Castets, Clément Chéroux, Doryun Chong, Florian Maier-Aichen, Jean-Luc Moulène, Leigh Ledare, Stephen Shore, Taryn Simon, Frances Stark, Kerry Tribe, Philippe Vergne and Jeff Wall.
– Sound and Vision – The Screenings, film and video work since the 1960s (curated by Kevin Moore in partnership with Fotofocus Cincinnati); The installation includes works by Slater Bradley, Bruce Conner, Moyra Davey, Rainer Ganahl, Rosalind Nashashibi, Nicolas Provost, Peter Roehr, Julian Rosefeldt, Jack and Leigh Ruby, and Wilhelm Sasnal.
For the complete programme visit Paris Photo Los Angeles websitewww.parisphoto.com/losangeles
Friday, 25 April 2014
Sunday, 27 April 2014
Paramount Pictures Studios, 5555 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles
+ 33 (1) 47 56 64 69
- Opening hour:
April 25 and 26 | 12noon – 7pm; April 27 | 12noon – 6pm
- Photo credits:
1. Kiripi Katembo Siku Rester (from Mutations’ Series), 2009 Lamba print on fine art paper Galerie Magnin-A | 2. Sophie Bramly DJ DST, 1980 C-print Sophie Bramly Exhibitor – LIBRAIRIE 213 | Courtesy of Paris Photo